Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CSA Week #2 - Almost Caught Up

Yeah Team! Almost caught up with Weeks 1 & 2 of our CSA deliveries.

All we have left are Week 2's delivery of Mustard Greens and 1/3d of Week 1's Kale.

Normally with today's schedule, we would have had bought subs for supper.  Since I had planned salad, we had that. Last month I learned how to eat boneless, skinless sardines in oil.  At age 65, it was a total shock to find out that something that I'd avoided was actually good, and good for your. Just like comments on the Internet said, they taste like tuna, only better.

Tonight's salad consisted of the leaf lettuce, beet greens, and kale. Hubby had tuna fish & provolone, I had sardines and feta. We've finished the CSA green onions so I used ones from the pot that I'd planted in the spring. Kind of fun to step out the front door and just pull a few green onions out of a pot. Finished off the salad with shredded aged provolone, dried basil, garlic salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

While I was eating (and feeling holy for using my CSA deliveries and not spending money), I read this Article - Your Brain on Kale  Totally made my day!

Plus, with kidney stone issues in the family, it's nice to see that the oxalate load is low.

No comments: